A message from our CEO, Jamie Bellamy
Posted on March 17, 2020
We trust that you are well informed regarding Coronavirus and will have observed its global economic and social impact.
The situation we face is unprecedented, but we are embracing our Yorkshire spirit and getting on with business as usual at the Society to minimise disruption to our service. The safety of our members and team however is paramount; we have therefore implemented a number of steps to reduce the risks around the virus.
- Face-to-face member appointments have been cancelled as a precaution
- Advising employees to self-isolate for 7 days if they have a new persistent cough or raised temperature symptoms
- Implementing business continuity measures allowing for working relationships to continue as normal
- All business travel has been suspended
- We are continually monitoring government guidance and World Health Organisation updates and feeding this back to employees
The situation is fast-moving and we’re now receiving daily briefings from the Government – as a smaller business we are able to adapt as necessary.
We continue to be contactable via all the normal channels – head office number, mobiles, email and the online chat facility.
May I take this opportunity to also thank you for your understanding and continued support. We have already seen a reduction in the number of identified cases in China and South Korea after the initial outbreak and trust that the situation will ease over the coming weeks.
We are first and foremost a mutual business. If there is anything we can assist you with, whether it is Society related or otherwise, please feel free to contact us. We hope that you all keep safe and continue to follow the Government guidance. We will keep you updated as necessary.