A message from our CEO, Jamie Bellamy
Posted on November 3, 2020
We trust that you remain well informed regarding coronavirus and will have observed its ongoing global economic and social impact.
The situation we face is still uncertain, and now with the second national lockdown in place from Thursday 5th November, we'll continue to embrace our Yorkshire grit by getting on with business as usual at the Society and have everything in place to minimise disruption to our service. The safety of our members and team however is paramount; we have therefore implemented a number of steps to reduce the risks around the virus.
- Some employees work from home on a rota basis to ensure we have a skeleton team within the office
- Covid safety measures implemented at the office, including 2 metre distancing enforced, wearing of masks and acrylic sheeting across all desks
- Face-to-face member and intermediary appointments have been cancelled as a precaution
- Employees to self-isolate and take a Covid test if they show any symptoms
- Implementing business continuity measures allowing for working relationships to continue as normal
- All business travel has been suspended
- We are continually monitoring government guidance and World Health Organisation updates and feeding this back to employees
We continue to receive briefings from the Government and as a smaller business we are able to adapt as necessary.
We continue to be contactable via all the normal channels – head office number, mobiles, email and the online chat facility. With some members of the team working from home, we may have to call you back, please bear with us at this time.
May I take this opportunity to also thank you for your understanding and continued support. We are first and foremost a mutual business. If there is anything we can assist you with, whether it is Society related or otherwise, please feel free to contact us. We hope that you all keep safe and continue to follow the Government guidance. We will keep you updated as necessary.
More information on the new national restrictions from November 5th can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-national-restrictions-from-5-november