9 January 2019
Press Release: The 2019 Charity Award is now open for nominations
Do you know a charity that could benefit from a £5,000 donation this year?
Local friendly society Sheffield Mutual is now into the third year of its charity award scheme and is once again asking their members, supporting intermediaries and the general public to nominate their favourite charity via this link: NOMINATE A CHARITY. Nominations will close on 31st March 2019.
Once nominations have been made, a panel consisting of staff and Committee members will choose the final 10 charities to put forward for the public vote. Charities will then have until 31st July to get as many votes as possible. The successful charities will be announced in August 2019. This year there will be 3 winners, the charity with the most votes will receive £5,000, £1,500 for 2nd place and £1,000 for 3rd place.
Last year 3 Sheffield based charities scooped an award:
- The Cathedral Archer Project, Sheffield, works with homeless adults from sleeping bag to employment and an enjoyable and fulfilling life.
- Sheffield Churches Council for Community Care (SCCCC) has been giving older people in Sheffield a helping hand when they need it most since 1966.
- Sheffield Royal Society for the Blind provides opportunity, support, friendship and services to blind and partially sighted people, helping them to achieve whatever they wish to do and whatever they aspire to be.
Criteria for charity nominations.
- Charities nominated must be registered charities on the gov.uk website
- Priority will be given to charities aimed at relieving hardship, poverty or suffering
- We favour charities that are perhaps less well known and where a donation of £5,000 would make a considerable difference
- Recipient charities will be required to use their best endeavours to promote their relationship with the Society and must agree to participate in publicity photos etc. if required
- Charities will need to engage with their supporters in order to gain votes
There are a few standard exclusions to be aware of:
- Charities nominated must not be related to companies, political parties or religious groups (unless the project will benefit the wider community)
- Charities should be UK based
- Donations are not available for statutory services, such as libraries and hospitals
For further information please contact Dawn Gregory on 01226 741000 or email email@example.com