Job Role: Chief Operating Officer
- Brief overview of your role: I am responsible and accountable for the Society's risk and compliance management, as well as the Member Services department, Operations and IT. I also sit on the Committee of Management as an Executive Member and am the Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
- Previous experience: I have held various managerial positions in products, risk, governance and compliance at Yorkshire Building Society, as well as product governance and operational roles at Aviva. In my spare time, I sit on the Board of Trustees for RSPCA Sheffield as a Trustee and Vice Treasurer, as well as providing consultancy to their fundraising team.
- How many years have you worked at Sheffield Mutual? I started at Sheffield Mutual in 2018 and was co-opted to the Committee of Management in January 2019.
More about me:
- Three words to describe you? Bald, tall, bearded
- What do you enjoy doing when you're not working? I am an avid listener of music and watcher of films and comedy. When the weather is nice, I like to go over to the Lake District or Peak District and get lost in the mountains. If I’m not doing any of that, then I’m down at the Sheffield Animal Centre with my volunteer or trustee/director hat on.
- Who would play you in a film? Jason Statham
- Do you have any phobias? Andrew Bonner's Friday night HIIT sessions
- Favourite TV programme? The Grand Tour
Just for fun!
- Cats or dogs? Cats
- Morning or evening? Morning
- Sweet or savoury? Savoury
- Bath or shower? Bath
- Tea or coffee? Tea
- Winter or summer? Summer