What are we looking for?
As our Marketing and Communications Administrator, you will play a vital role in supporting the Lead Marketing and Communications Specialist (LMCS) with all online and offline marketing and key messages to our members.
You will be a graduate with a marketing degree (or something similar) or have experience of working within a marketing role.
You will need to be able to work as part of a team but also be able to work alone. You must be a confident communicator with people at all levels and have an eye for detail. In return we can offer excellent working conditions including free onsite parking and a great benefits package.
- Create effective and engaging social media content and email campaigns
- Assist with creating and publishing blogs and press releases
- Help coordinate and implement new marketing campaigns with the LMCS
- To liaise with, monitor and proofread work provided by outside agencies in relation to the website, digital marketing, printed media, marketing campaigns, blogs and branding
- To assist in devising new marketing ideas and initiatives
- To assist with the organisation of community and charity activities and events
- To assist with the planning and management of marketing campaigns and activities
- Undertake competitor analysis on a regular basis and submit reports for management to review
- To assist with the preparation of relevant marketing reports
About Sheffield Mutual
Sheffield Mutual is a small but growing, successful insurance, savings and investments provider, that for over 125 years has had its members' best interests at the forefront of everything it does.
Our vision is: To be the UK’s most trusted and member focused independent mutual friendly society.
Our mission is: Prioritising our members’ interests, we aim to provide an exceptional and trustworthy service through easy-to-understand products, with the strongest returns possible.
You will be a key member of the marketing team and will work closely with the Lead Marketing and Communications Specialist and Chief Commercial Officer but will be required to assist with any other tasks as required by your line manager, directors of the Society and the wider team.
Job title – Marketing and Communications Administrator
Reporting to: Chief Commercial Officer (CCO)
Working with: Lead Campaign and Communications Specialist (LMCS)
Duration - Permanent contract
Probationary for six months
Hours of work - 35 hours per week
Salary range – Up to £18,000 (dependent on experience)
Reviewed after 12 months - subject to performance
Paid 25th of each month by bank transfer
- Performance-based annual discretionary employee bonus (scheme rules issued on appointment) of up to £1500
- Product accreditation scheme with discretionary bonus award (Test based £500)
- 20 days holiday (rising to 25 days after two years) plus statutory bank holidays
- Discretionary three days Christmas holidays and bonus
- Free on-site parking
- Westfield Health cash plan (scheme rules issued on appointment)
- Company pension - Society contributes 6% of salary (scheme rules issued on appointment)
- Employee discounts via Westfield Rewards and the Sheffield Mutual Member Benefits scheme
- Social events calendar
- Free tea and coffee
- One charity day to volunteer with the employees’ chosen charity of the year
Working hours: 35 per week
Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm (usual hours, work outside of these hours may be required). Late working up till 8pm maybe required (day of week to be confirmed).
You may also be required to attend events outside of these hours and some additional evening and weekend work.
References and ID checks:
- Two references (including former employer or tutor)
- Credit check
- Criminal record/DBS check
- Passport/Driving Licence
- Exam certificates
Closing date Tuesday 4th January 2022
Social distancing of at least two metres is in operation at the office.
We are working on a rota basis to ensure the safety of everyone.
All surfaces are cleaned regularly, anti-bac hand sanitiser available.