Business Support & Reporting Administrator
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our Business Development team. We are looking for someone with the right attitude and skills to help spread the word about Sheffield Mutual and deliver our products and services to members and intermediaries.
Would you like a career with a savings and investment company that values its team and provides the best possible service to its customers?
Sheffield Mutual is a growing and successful, savings, investments and insurance company, that for 130 years has had its customers best interests at heart. The team has expanded steadily in line with our success to ensure first-class service standards are maintained.
You will be a member of the Business Development Team, a numbers person who is skilled in the use of Microsoft programmes especially Word, Excel , Outlook and PowerPoint (PowerBi would also be an advantage). You’ll be an innovative reporting wizard who is well organised and able to analyse data and produce comprehensive detailed reports.
Other activities would include:
- Collate and analyse information and create ad-hoc, monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual new business, marketing, reports.
- To assist the Business Development Team Manager, Chief Commercial Officer, Chief Operating Officer or Chief Executive Officer with projects as required.
- You will be a numbers person who is skilled in the use of Microsoft programmes especially Word, Excel , Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Provide support to enable the Business Development Team to build and maintain strong, positive relationships with intermediaries, members and potential members by providing exceptional service standards.
- Conducting other administrative tasks that would be relevant to support the team.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Are a ‘people person’.
- Are experienced with Excel and other Microsoft applications.
- Relish the challenge of working towards goals.
- Can confidently communicate with people at all levels.
- Are able to take minutes and produce reports from meetings.
- Have great attention to detail and excellent proof-reading skills.
- Are a quick learner.
- Would like to work in a fun and friendly environment.
- Are able to work well under pressure and complete work to tight deadlines.
- Are a team player but also be able to work alone and use your initiative to improve and streamline systems and processes.
The ideal candidate would be someone with an administration background and who is confident in using Microsoft applications, but full training will be given.
Sheffield Mutual actively encourages LGBTQ+, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants and values the positive impact this will have on the team and Sheffield Mutual as a whole.
- Performance-based annual discretionary employee bonus of up to £1,500
- Annual product accreditation scheme with discretionary bonus award
- 22 days holiday (rising to 27 days after two years and 28 days after ten years) plus statutory bank holidays.
- Discretionary Christmas bonus
- Discretionary 3 days holiday for Christmas closure
- Free on-site parking
- Westfield Health cash plan (scheme rules issued on appointment) and cycle to work scheme after qualifying period.
- Company pension – Sheffield Mutual contributes 6% of salary
- Employee discounts
- Annual social and events calendar
- Free tea and coffee
- One charity day to volunteer with the employees’ chosen charity of the year
Business Development Team Manager
Probationary for 6 Months
Hours of Work:
35 Hours per Week
Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm (usual hours, work outside of these hours may be required). Occasional late working from 12:30pm up till 8pm may be required (or similar).
Up to £22,000 (dependent on experience)
Reviewed annually - subject to performance
Paid 25th of each month by bank transfer
References and ID checks:
- Two references (including former employer or tutor)
- Credit check
- Criminal record/DBS check
- Passport/Driving Licence
- Exam certificates (if applicable)
Closing date: 31/01/2023