Would you like a career with a savings and investment company that values its team and provides the best possible service to its customers?
Sheffield Mutual is a growing and successful, savings, investments and insurance company, that for over 130 years has had its customers best interests at its heart. The team has expanded steadily in line with our success to ensure first-class service standards are maintained, we are recruiting due to a retirement in the New Year.
Reporting directly to the Business Development Team Manager, you will be a key member of the Business Development Team. The first face and voice of the Society for new customers and intermediaries. You’ll need to create a long-lasting, positive impression with every contact you make.
In brief some of your responsibilities would be:
- Completing new applications for customers on a non-advised basis.
- Forming professional relationships and rapport with external financial advisors via calls, emails and visits.
- Variety on a day-to-day basis including telephone calls, emails, face-to-face appointments, online chat and events.
- Written communications – emails, letters, informational content and communications in relation to business development.
- Using software such as Microsoft Office 365 and various other internal systems.
What we are looking for?:
We are looking for someone who is great on the phone and in face-to-face meetings, with a financial services background, ideally banking, building society/ insurance. Full training will be given but this is a specialist role and previous experience will be required.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have a financial services background.
- Are a ‘people person’ and value providing great service.
- Aren’t afraid of picking up the phone and speaking to people.
- Relish the challenge of working towards goals and targets.
- Enjoy working as part of a team, as well as being able to use your own initiative.
- Can confidently communicate with people at all levels.
- Have great attention to detail.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Experience of working with/communicating with financial advisers would be desirable.
- Can keep calm under pressure.
- Are a quick learner.
- Would like to work in a fun and friendly office based environment.
It takes diversity of thought, culture, and background to create a successful business. At Sheffield Mutual we value the positive input that a diverse team brings. Diversity at the Society means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognised, appreciated, respected, and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilise each person’s talents and strengths.
Why work for us?:
- Up to £27,000 salary, depending on experience
- Full time hours 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday). There may be evening and weekend work too.
- This role is office based, but there will be opportunities to work at events or visit intermediaries.
- Performance-based annual discretionary bonus
- Annual customer excellence programme with discretionary bonus award of £500 (Test/evidence based)
- Discretionary Christmas bonus
- Death in service benefit
- 22 days holiday (rising to 27 days after two years and 28 days after ten years) plus all statutory bank holidays
- Plus an additional discretionary 3 days holiday for Christmas closure
- Free on-site parking
- Westfield Health cash plan (scheme rules issues on appointment).
- Company pension – Sheffield Mutual contributes 6% of salary (scheme rules issued on appointment)
- Flu jabs (optional)
- Social and events calendar
- Free tea, coffee and fresh fruit